When you get recommendations for a book.
- We get the author, series and category from the book
- We use the primary category and the author to get more books, we also look for books in the same series and with the same format
- Books within the result set get boost points for certain items of a book:
- The publication date, more recent gets more points, key authors
- Key authors, the publisher can share a set of authors which receive more points
- Books get points for each format for that title → more is better.
- Books get points for each review for that title → more is better.
- Books get points for each asset for that title → more is better.
- Books get points for each award for that title→ more is better.
- Books can get positive boost points or a negative penalty when there is a cover present or when there is one absent
- Results are ordered by weight size, so results with higher points appear higher in the set of recommended books
Default weight points are:
- Contributor Name : 800 points
- Series Name : 865 points
- Category : 2500 points
- Format : 170 points